LaunchGood is an online crowd-funding platform that supports Muslims doing great work across the world. LaunchGood prides itself on its commitment to directly assist a campaign and its creator from development to completion in efforts to ensure greater success in a Campaign's Crowd-funding.
• is polemic, sectarian, or divisive in its nature;
• supports violence or terrorism;
• infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity, or violates any law or contract;
• you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate;
• is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, offensive, profane, or invasive of another's privacy;
• constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters;
• contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of the Company or any third party;
• is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
• impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of the Company.
Campaign Creators agree to not abuse other users' personal information. Abuse is defined as using personal information for any purpose other than those explicitly specified in the Campaign Creator’s Campaign, or is not related to fulfilling delivery of a product or service explicitly specified in the Campaign Creator’s Campaign.
You, as a Campaign Organizer, represent, warrant, and covenant that (i) all information you provide in connection with a Campaign is accurate, complete, and not otherwise designed to mislead, defraud, or deceive any user; (ii) all Donations contributed to your Campaign will be used solely as described in the materials that you post; (iii) you will comply with your jurisdiction’s applicable laws and regulations when you solicit funds, particularly, but not limited to, laws relating to your marketing and solicitation for your project; and (iv) to the extent you share with us any personal data of any third party for any purpose, including the names, email addresses and phone numbers of your personal contacts, you have the authority (including any necessary consents), as required under applicable law, to provide us with such personal data and allow us to use such personal data for the purposes for which you shared it with us. You authorize LaunchGood, and LaunchGood reserves the right to, provide information relating to your Campaign with donors and beneficiaries of your Campaign, and with law enforcement or to assist in any investigation.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by the Company in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Company’s or its third-party providers’ infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures the Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Site.
You shall not directly or indirectly: (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
You may use our Services if:
1. You are 18 years or older or between the ages of 13 and 17 and using the Website and Services with parental or legal guardian consent and supervision.
2. Your membership or use has not otherwise been restricted, suspended or terminated.
3. You are not using another Member’s account without her/his permission.
LaunchGood is free to join. There are service fees for Campaign Creators that are related to the funds they have raised.
Payment processing services for campaign creators on LaunchGood are provided by Stripe and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service (collectively, the “Stripe Services Agreement”). By agreeing to or continuing to operate as a campaign creator on LaunchGood, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of LaunchGood enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide LaunchGood accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorize Launchgood to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe. LaunchGood is not responsible for the performance of Stripe.
Unless otherwise negotiated and approved in writing, LaunchGood will collect a 5% fee for all-or-nothing campaigns and partial funding campaigns on the total amount raised displayed, in addition to a 3% credit card processing fee on all successful online charges.
Creators are solely responsible for delivering perks and rewards promised to LaunchGooders. Failure to provide perks to LaunchGooders as promised may result in a various penalties including but not limited to; reimbursement of LaunchGooders at the campaign's expense, suspension of accounts and current and future campaigns by the campaign creator.
We are not a Broker, Financial Institution, Creditor or Charitable Institution: The Services are an administrative platform only. LaunchGood facilitates the Donation transaction between Campaign Organizers and Donors, but is not a party to any agreement between a Campaign Organizer and a Donor, or between any user and a Charity. LaunchGood is not a broker, agent, financial institution, creditor or insurer for any user. LaunchGood has no control over the conduct of, or any information provided by, a Campaign Organizer or a Charity, and LaunchGood hereby disclaims all liability in this regard to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
LaunchGood does not guarantee that a Campaign or a Charity will obtain a certain amount of Donations or any Donations at all and we make no guarantee, explicit or implied, that any information provided through the Services by a user is accurate. We expressly disclaim any liability or responsibility for the success of any Campaign, or the outcome of any fundraising purpose. You, as a Donor, must make the final determination as to the value and appropriateness of contributing to any Campaign, Campaign Organizer, or Charity. We encourage donors to use their discretion when supporting campaigns.
Although LaunchGood team reviews campaigns, we do not and cannot verify the information that Campaign Organizers supply, nor do we guarantee that the Donations will be used in accordance with any fundraising purpose prescribed by a Campaign Organizer or Charity. We assume no responsibility to verify whether the Donations are used in accordance with any applicable laws; such responsibility rests solely with the Campaign Organizer or Charity, as applicable. While we have no obligation to verify that the use of any funds raised is in accordance with applicable law and these Terms of Service, we take possible fraudulent activity and the misuse of funds raised very seriously. If you have reason to believe that a Campaign Organizer or Charity is not raising or using the funds for their stated purpose, please use alert our team of this potential issue and we will investigate by sending a message to email@example.com.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user in connection with the Services and LaunchGood will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. LaunchGood reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the Services and any third party relating to the use of the Services.
It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the Donations you receive through your use of the Services. It is solely your responsibility to assess, collect, report or remit the correct tax, if any, to the appropriate tax authority.Modifications to Services
From time to time, LaunchGood may place a hold on a Campaign account (a "Hold"), restricting Withdrawals (defined herein) by a Campaign Organizer. Some of the reasons that we may place a Hold on a Campaign Account include the following: (i) if we have reason to believe (in our sole discretion) that information provided by a Campaign Organizer is false, misleading, or fraudulent, or that funds are being used in a prohibited manner, (ii) if the funds available should be provided directly to a person other than the Campaign Organizer (such as a legal beneficiary or person entitled by law to act on behalf of a Campaign Organizer), (iii) if we have reason to believe that a Campaign or Campaign Organizer has violated these Terms of Service, or (iv) if required in order to comply with a court order, subpoena, writ, injunction, or as otherwise required under applicable laws and regulations. If you have questions about a Hold we may have placed on your Campaign account, or need information about how to resolve the Hold, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
You acknowledge that LaunchGood may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Services and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on LaunchGood's servers on your behalf. You agree that LaunchGood has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any data or other content maintained or uploaded by the Services. You acknowledge that LaunchGood reserves the right to terminate accounts or Campaigns that are inactive for an extended period of time, provided that LaunchGood will use its commercially reasonable efforts to provide a Campaign Organizer with reasonable notice before terminating an inactive Campaign having a positive balance of Donations. You further acknowledge that LaunchGood reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion. We will endeavor to give you notice of any such change where required by applicable law.Content & License
You agree that the Service contains Content provided by the Company and its partners and Users and that the Content may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service.
The Company grants to each User of the Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use and reproduce the Content, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution, or storage of any Content for other than personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without prior written permission from the Company, or from the copyright holder. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third-party right.
By Submitting User Submissions on the Site or otherwise through the Service, you agree to the following terms:
• The Company will not have any ownership rights over your User Submissions. However, the Company needs the following license to perform and market the Service on your behalf and on behalf of its other Users and itself. You grant to the Company the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to (and to allow others acting on its behalf to) (i) use, edit, modify, prepare derivative works of, reproduce, host, display, stream, transmit, playback, transcode, copy, feature, market, sell, distribute, and otherwise fully exploit your User Submissions and your trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos, and similar proprietary rights (collectively, the "Trademarks") in connection with (a) the Service, (b) the Company’s (and its successors' and assigns’) businesses, (c) promoting, marketing, and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third-party websites); (ii) take whatever other action is required to perform and market the Service; (iii) allow its Users to stream, transmit, playback, download, display, feature, distribute, collect, and otherwise use the User Submissions and Trademarks in connection with the Service; and (iv) use and publish, and permit others to use and publish, the User Submissions, Trademarks, names, likenesses, and personal and biographical materials of you and the members of your group, in connection with the provision or marketing of the Service. The foregoing license grant to the Company does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submissions, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Submissions.
• You are publishing your User Submission, and you may be identified publicly by your name or User ID in association with your User Submission.
• You grant to each User a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions solely for personal, non-commercial use.
• You further agree that your User Submissions will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant LaunchGood all of the license rights granted herein.
• The use or other exploitation of User Submissions by the Company and Users as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
• The Company shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any of your User Submissions.
• If your mission or goal of the campaign changes during your campaign duration LaunchGood has the right to suspend your campaign and refund supporters.
• All information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which that content originated.
• The Company will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content.
• The Company cannot guarantee the identity of any other Users with whom you may interact while using the Service.
All Content you access through the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
The below contact information is provided exclusively for DMCA notices. Do not send any unrelated inquiries to the contact listed below.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance
The sites to which this policy applies are https://www.launchgood.com, (“Site”). The Site is operated by LaunchGood, Inc., a Delaware corporation with offices at 4444 Second Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201 (c/o Green Garage) (“LaunchGood”).
Digital Millennium Copyright Act: Copyright Matters.
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
Name of Copyright Agent:
Physical address to which notification should be sent:
Email address of
+1 413 687 7587
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material ("Disputed Content").
Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail (email) address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
Any other requirements under U.S. law.
In response to such a written communication, LaunchGood may give notice to the person or organization responsible for the posting of the Disputed Content ("User") by means of electronic mail to a User's e-mail address or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a User's address if such address is present in the records of LaunchGood.
If a User believes that Disputed Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that the User has the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the Disputed Content, the User may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent for LaunchGood:
User's physical or electronic signature;
Identification of the Disputed Content that was removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Disputed Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
A statement that the User has a good faith belief that the Disputed Content was lawfully posted to the Site, or was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Disputed Content; and
The User's name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that the User consents to the jurisdiction of the federal court having jurisdiction over Detroit, Michigan, and a statement that the User will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, LaunchGood may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that LaunchGood may replace the removed Disputed Content or cease disabling it in ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the provider of the Disputed Content, the removed Disputed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten to fourteen (10 to 14) business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at LaunchGood’s sole discretion.
Legal Concerns Other Than Copyright. If a visitor to the Site, user of the Site, or other third party believes that Content or activity at the Site raises legal issues affecting that visitor other than copyright (by way of example, trademark, privacy, disparagement) that visitor may follow the procedures outlined above for DMCA claims and a representative of LaunchGood will investigate.
Last Modified: April 6, 2016
For all other Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
What We Collect
In order for you to create an account on LaunchGood and use the Service, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Service, that may include:
• information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Service, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through the Site, or request any information;
• your login and password details, in connection with the account sign-in process;
• details of any requests or transactions you make through the Service;
• information about your activity on and interaction with the Site and Services, such as your IP address and the device or browser you use;
• communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
• information that you submit to the Site in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
This data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
• any payment information you provide
• your password details
• your IP address
• your phone number
• communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem)
We don’t give your personal information to any third-party services, except when it’s necessary to provide LaunchGood’s Service (like when we partner with payment processors).
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect LaunchGood’s legal rights.
What’s Only Shared with Creators
When you support a campaign, the campaign creator will know your account name, the amount you have pledged, and the perk you have claimed. Creators never receive backers’ credit card details or other payment information.
Any campaign you have supported, the creator will receive the email address associated with your LaunchGood account. They may also send you a survey requesting information needed to provide your perk. (For instance, they may need your mailing address, or T-shirt size.) Any information you provide in such surveys will be received by the creator.
LaunchGood Campaign Creators never receive backers’ credit card details or other payment information.
When you create an account, we create a basic profile page for you on LaunchGood containing your account name, the date the account was created, and a list of campaigns you have supported or launched. Whenever your account name appears on the site (for instance, when you post comments, send messages, or support campaigns), people can click your account name to see your profile. The profile is not searchable on LaunchGood or via search engines like Google. Here are some of the things that will be publicly viewable on your profile, or elsewhere on the site:
• the account name, and the date it was created
• any information you choose to add to your profile (like a picture, bio, or your location)
• campaigns you've supported if you did not select anonymous donation button (but not pledge amounts or perks chosen)
• campaigns you've launched
• any comments you’ve posted on the Site
• if you have "Liked" a campaigns update
Please note that each campaign page lists the community of users who have supported the campaign. If you don’t want others to see your name in a campaign creator's tab, choose an account name that is not identifiable or change your profile display name.
Creators are also asked to verify their identities before launching a campaign. Once this has been done, the creator’s Verified Name will be publicly displayed on their account profile and on any campaigns they launch.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
• identify you when you sign in to your account;
• enable us to provide you with the Services;
• send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
• present campaigns to you when you use the Service which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Service;
• administer your account with us;
• enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Service;
• analyze the use of the Service and the people visiting to improve our content and Services; and
• Use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
• We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. You will also receive certain email notifications, from which you may opt out.
We take securing your data and preserving your privacy very seriously. We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission. We will never sell your data.
Indemnity and Release
You agree to release, indemnify on demand and hold LaunchGood Inc. and its affiliates and their officers, employees, directors and agents harmless from any from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, costs, awards, fines, damages, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your use of the Services, any Donation or Campaign, any User Content, your connection to the Services, your violation of these Terms of Service or your violation of any rights of another.
Disclaimer of warranties
Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "As is" and "As available" basis. LaunchGood and its affiliates expressly disclaim and exclude, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all warranties, conditions and representations of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
LaunchGood and its affiliates make no warranty or condition that (I) the service will meet your requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, or (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations.
Limitation of liability
You expressly understand and agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by appliable law, neither LaunchGood nor its affiliates will be liable for any (a) indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, (b) damages for loss of profits, (c) damages for loss of goodwill, (d) damages for loss of use, (e) loss or corruption of data, or (f) other intangible losses (even if LaunchGood has been advised of the possibility of such damages), whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, resulting from (I) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the service. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will LaunchGood's total liability to you for all damages, losses (including contract, negligence, statutory liability or otherwise) or causes of action exceed the amount you have paid LaunchGood in the last six (6) months, or, if greater, one hundred dollars ($100).
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the limitations set forth above may not apply to you. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the service or with these terms of service, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue use of the services.
Updated: April 2017