IRUSA: Working Together To Feed America
“Those who spend their wealth (in Allah's Cause) by night and day, in secret and in public, they shall have their reward with their Lord. On them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.” (Quran 2:274)
Islamic Relief USA is working to send 5,000 Ramadan food packages to families suffering from poverty across America this season. The only way for this to happen is YOU. Donate individually; create a team fundraising effort; or volunteer for a packout. Your effort can make a huge difference for a neighbor in need.
Each food package costs $50, and contains essential food items like rice, oil, and more, that will help expand access to food, which means more meals for more days. $50 helps give young children nutrients they desperately need. So join the movement to feed 5,000 families.
(Package content below)
What each food package will contain:
● Long Grain Rice
● All Purpose Flour
● Vegetable Oil
● Elbow Macaroni Pasta
● Pasta Sauce
● Morton Plain Salt
● Old Fashioned Oatmeal (microwavable)
● Whole Grain Oat Cereal (plain cheerios)
● Vegetarian Baked Beans
● Black Tea (Family size - 24 total)
● Tuna In Water
● Peanut Butter
● Knorr Vegetable Bouillon (6 extra large cubes)
● Dates Why It Matters One in 7 Americans face hunger.
Hunger is a global epidemic, but when most people think of hunger, they don’t think of the United States. It’s true, in many ways, America is the land of plenty. But 1 in 7 of our neighbors will stare at empty plates while we prepare to enjoy our special Ramadan meals.
As we strive to perfect our belief this Ramadan, let’s remember the saying of our prophet (saw): “He is not a believer who eats his fill while his neighbor beside him goes hungry.” (Bukhari)How you can help?
We need everyone to do their part this Ramadan! There are three ways that you can help.
- The first way is to donate to IRUSA by clicking on the Feed a Family button (https://www.launchgood.com/feed). Every little bit helps!
- The second way is to rally your friends, family, community or MSA and create a team. Your team can make its own goal and have its own page to help us meet our greater goal. Let’s get some healthy competition going this Ramadan and see what team can raise the most!
- Volunteer to help us assemble food packages at one of these locations on May 21st and May 22nd.
- Springfield, VA
- Richardson, TX
- Dearborn, MI
- Anaheim, CA
You can volunteer by signing up here: http://bit.ly/1rKf4nx