Ramadan Feed 2017
Over 40 million Americans face hunger. Ramadan is about more than a few clicks to give your charity online. It’s about rolling up your sleeves to work together to give together. Knowing that alone, my contribution might seem small. But when we band together, the possibilities are endless. We make an unbreakable link, that keeps going as long as there is a child going to sleep hungry. This Ramadan, we’re holding fast to the Rope of Allah, and we are holding on to each other. We’re harnessing the power of this month to do something incredible. Join us in giving families Ramadan food boxes Don’t break the link. Work with us. Give with us. Join Islamic Relief USA on LaunchGood by donating Ramadan food boxes today!Why It Matters One in 7 Americans face hunger.
Hunger is a global epidemic, but when most people think of hunger, they don’t think of the United States. It’s true, in many ways, America is the land of plenty. But a large portion of our neighbors will stare at empty plates while we prepare to enjoy our special Ramadan meals. As we strive to perfect our iman this Ramadan, let’s remember the saying of our beloved Prophet (saw): “He is not a believer who eats his fill while his neighbor beside him goes hungry.” (Bukhari)
Our goal is to send 280,000 pounds of food across five different states around the country - Texas, California, Virginia, New Jersey, and Michigan. Each food package costs $65 dollars and your efforts will provide families and individuals in need with the following items (minor item changes may occur depending on location):
(Pack Items shown below)
What each food package will contain:
● Long Grain Rice
● All Purpose Flour
● Vegetable Oil
● Elbow Macaroni Pasta
● Pasta Sauce
● Morton Plain Salt
● Old Fashioned Oatmeal (microwavable)
● Whole Grain Oat Cereal (plain cheerios)
● Vegetarian Baked Beans
● Black Tea (Family size - 24 total)
● Tuna In Water
● Peanut Butter
● Knorr Vegetable Bouillon (6 extra large cubes)
● Dates How you can help?
We need everyone to do their part this Ramadan! There are two ways that you can help.
- The first way is that you can create a campaign and select the financial amount that you would personally like to raise in order to help provide Ramadan food boxes for those in need.
- You can donate to other people’s campaigns. If you don’t want to create your own online fundraising project, don’t worry! You can still make a difference and be part of changing someone’s life by donating to other people’s campaigns. Together, we’ll work to make the world a better place. Creating a campaign is very simple:
- Click on "create a team."
- Name your team and set a financial goal.
- Provide a short description about who you are and why you've decided to dedicate your Ramadan to feeding your neighbors in need.
- Set your project to "live" and you are ready to go!